Thank you for visiting KFC Online Ordering website kfc.com.sg or KFC Singapore App (the “KFC’s Sites”). At KFC Management Pte Ltd (“KFC”), we strive to do everything we can to respect the trust customers have in our brand and our commitment to your privacy is no exception. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding consumer privacy on the Internet. Thanks once again for visiting our websites and for placing your trust in KFC.
Please note that KFC may revise this Policy from time to time whenever necessary at its sole discretion, and your continued use of the KFC’s Sites or services or patronage at our stores will be subject to the Policies in force at the time of your use. We encourage you to check this Policy regularly to stay informed of any updates or changes made to them. This Policy is effective as from 3 January 2014.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
KFC may collect Personal Information from you, which will generally occur when you either:
- Visit our web sites;
- Enter into a competition or promotion;
- Participate in a survey or questionnaire;
- Subscribe to our mailing list;
- Register as an e-newsletter member;
- Apply for a job;
- Submit website feedback;
- Place an order via store, telephone or online ordering site.
The purposes of KFC collecting Personal Information from you are set out in the section entitled “How Do We Use Information?” below.
KFC will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Singaporean privacy laws or any other related laws in Singapore.
Each time you visit the KFC site our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server's IP address. KFC may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. KFC may use this information to evaluate and improve the Online Ordering sites.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION?
Generally, we may combine information that we collect from you from different means as described above into one customer base and use your personal information in the ways in which you may reasonably expect, including but not limited, to for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with information of services that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, SMS, mails or to provide you with special offers or promotions, discounts, information about new product offerings or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest on behalf of it or third parties during any promotion;
- to process your registration with the Online Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Online Service’s features such as promotions, online ordering;
- to improve the Online Services or our services, to customize your experience on the Online Services, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Online Services, and in our discretion, make changes to any of our privacy policies
- for internal analysis purposes; and
- for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in this Policy, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
- to fulfill prizes, awards and purchases;
- to respond to specific requests from you;
- to keep you informed about any changes to our websites;
- to conduct marketing research; and
- to process any job application you may submit
- To provide you with information of services that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, SMS, mails or to provide you with special offers or promotions, discounts, information about new product offerings or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest on behalf of it or third parties during any promotion;
- To process your registration with the Online Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- To enable you to participate in a variety of the Online Service’s features such as promotions, online ordering;
- To improve the Online Services or our services, to customize your experience on the Online Services, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you
- To contact you with regard to your use of the Online Services, and in our discretion, make changes to any of our privacy policies
- For internal analysis purposes; and
- For any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in this Policy, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
- To fulfill prizes, awards and purchases;
- To respond to specific requests from you;
- To keep you informed about any changes to our websites;
- To conduct marketing research; and
- To process any job application you may submit
When using the KFC’s online ordering sites, additional Personal Information may be collected from you for the purpose of assisting us in the delivery of our product to your door and to verify and/or effect your credit card payment.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
KFC may share statistics and your Personal Information with companies that are related to KFC for the purpose of processing of orders, responding to feedback, conduct marketing research and analysis, fulfilment of prizes, awards and purchases; and to send you offers, promotions, marketing information, discounts, information about new product offerings or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you by phone, SMS, mail, and/or email. Any use of this information by the KFC related companies will comply with this Policy.
Our agents, vendors, service providers, or other unrelated companies may be engaged by KFC to perform a variety of functions, such as, processing and fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions, providing technical services for our web sites, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service. These companies may have access to your Personal Information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such Personal Information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
KFC reserves the right to use or disclose any information as necessary or reasonably required (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, court orders, subpoena, arbitration order or award or legal request, (ii) to protect the integrity of the site, (iii) to fulfill your requests or to complete a transaction for you, (iv) to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety, or (v) to protect KFC’s or its affiliates’ or related companies’ rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of KFC’s users.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
KFC will cease to retain your Personal Information or remove the means by which the Personal Information can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the Personal Information is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
KFC’s Sites may contain hyperlinks to other external web sites that are not maintained by KFC as a courtesy to our users. KFC does not endorse nor is KFC responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites and shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or unauthorised collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk.
ACCESS, ACCURACY AND SECURITY
KFC will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, collection, use, modification or disclosure.
You are in control of any personal information you provide to us online. If at any time, you would like to correct the personal information we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for contacts from us or on behalf of our business partners, you can let us know by contacting us at the email or postal address listed below.
In order to review any personal information, we have about you or to ask us to delete that information or to stop further use of the information, please send to email@example.com
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, if you would like to withdraw your consent for our proposed collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as stated above, or if you would like to stop receiving any communications from us, please contact us at:
KFC Management Pte LtdMarketing Department (Data Privacy)
17 Kallang Junction